“Specialty Honeys” all have different medicinal properties. These include:
- Propolis & Honey is excellent for sore throats. It is a natural antibiotic that bees gather from trees, using it to seal their hive as a natural protection against disease. The easiest way to take is off the end of a teaspoon: swallow it with a warm drink, 2 times per day.
- Propolis Tincture is also excellent for sore throats, mixed with pure food alcohol. Make a warm lemonade drink with water, lemon juice, honey and a dropper full of propolis, 2 times per day.
- Royal Jelly Frozen is the exclusive food that honey bees feed to the queen of the hive in her larvae stage. It is a substance secreted from the glands of the worker nurse bees. It contains minerals, enzymes and antibacterial components. When humans ingest the Royal Jelly, it is believed to improve their Immune system, help with inflammation and improve impotence in men. Best taken on its own, under the tongue on an empty stomach.
- Royal Jelly & Honey is used to improve the immune system. Makes a great spread on toast or crackers (don’t heat or put it in a warm drink as it will destroy the Royal Jelly properties)
- Bee Pollen is a ball of pollen made by young bees when they land on a flower. It’s a mixture of pollen from the flower, bee saliva and nectar or honey. Bees carry these balls back to the hive in the sacs on their legs and stored in the hives honeycomb. One of the most common uses of bee pollen is for seasonal allergies such as hay fever. It is thought that when ingesting pollens, it will help the body build up the resistance to these potential allergens and in turn reduce the allergy symptoms. *Local bee pollen is ideal to take when taking it for allergies.* It is also good for building energy.
- Pollen & Honey increases energy levels, used to help with seasonal flower/tree allergies. It’s great on toast, crackers or add to a smoothie
- Creme de la Creme (this included Propolis, Royal Jelly, Pollen mixed in honey) and is best taken off the end of a spoon with a warm drink